Before you think that college is out of reach, think again. You don't have to be a straight-A
student or a star athlete to take advantage of The Pittsburgh Promise.
Am I Eligible?
The Pittsburgh Promise is available to all graduates of the Pittsburgh Public Schools and PPSapproved
charters, regardless of financial need or income. To be eligible students must meet
the following criteria:
How Do I Maintain My Scholarship Throughout College?
- Graduate from the Pittsburgh Public Schools or one of its charter high schools;
- Be a student in the district and a resident of Pittsburgh continuously since at
least the 9th grade;
- Earn a minimum of a 2.5 GPA;
- Maintain a minimum attendance record of 90%;
- Earn admission to any accredited public or private post-secondary school
located in Pennsylvania.
Scholarship Throughout College?
For a student to continue to receive their Promise scholarship they must do the following:
- Complete a full-time course load
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Complete and submit a FASFA application every year while attending college;
- Submit grades each year to The Pittsburgh Promise.